Six most common documents needed for preparing your Tax Return
1. W-2 form from your current employer and W-2 forms from all the other employers that you might have had in 2017.
2. 1099-Misc forms issued to you as an independent contractor.
3. 1099 Interest and 1099- Div from any bank or broker for accounts such as Saving accounts or Investments.
4. 1099-R form for any distribution you might have had from your retirement accounts such as IRA or 401K.
5. 1098 form for the interest you paid for your mortgage if you owned a house.
6. 1098-T from your school for any tuition paid or grants received if you are a student.